Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Round Two

Remember that time I was sick? Well right after that I picked up something else in Nairobi.. so i'm still stuck in limbo waiting to be well enough to go back to site... There's not a whole lot of updating to do other than i've gotten to give all kinds of awesome samples of various bodily fluids.... which would have bothered me a lot more in the U.S. but here it's one of those things where you're like "someone has GOT to see this!" and that's the kind of week i've had. Wow how things have changed already. I did however get a new laptop so i'm on the road to putting things back together. While we're on the topic here's some things I did at site to keep myself entertained without a laptop:
Stared at the wall
Read three books
Stared at the ceiling
Rearranged ALL my furniture
Stared at the floor
Toasted a marshmallow over a candle
Took my temperature obsessively
So anyway, that's what's up with me! I should be healthy enough to head back to site in a few days but until then i'll be hangin in Nairobi.
Hope all is well with everyone at home! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindy,
    Sounds like you are having a rough time.
    Hang in there girl, you can make it! I remember the first time I was sick when I was living on
    my own with no one to really take care of me. I
    was laying on a mattress on the floor sick and
    this huge insect started flying around the room.
    Totally freaked me out. I managed to corrall it
    into a room where I shut the door on it. After some self motivational speech I entered the room with large shoe in hand and killed it. It was a
    palmetto bug, a large flying roach , horrible little creatures!
    I read your latest 2 blogs last night to
    Janice. We are commiserating with you!
    Hope things get better. At least the
    organization seems to be looking after you.

    Love,
    Aunt Trudy

    ReplyDelete